Translate

Saturday 12 July 2014

Back to the Harvest



Nine--NINE!--pages of the calendar have flipped since I first left for Uganda, but the time has come to move back to a mission zone. Of course, anywhere there are people there's potential for ministry, so I've never left the harvest field in that sense. But going to the part of the field God has me now involves a move. It involves going back to learning a new role, a new culture, and a new routine. Going back to being stretched, and challenged, and scared. Going back to living out of a suitcase for months at a time! Though it may sound suspiciously similar to my life in Uganda, this time mission life won't leave me waking up on the other side of the Atlantic. Or even the other side of the province.



The place? A summer youth ranch. Role: senior counselor.

This is something I've always wanted to do. Outdoorsiness, cabins, tents, climbing walls, horses, ranch life...it's the stuff of my lifetime-ago dreams. And it's even kids' ministry! Not that it will be easy or anything. But if God started it, He'll finish it. He's in the details as well as the big picture.

And what's that big picture going to look like? That's what we're about to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment