Translate

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Kissing Camels in Kentucky

Wednesday, Day 8

Camel hair leaves a terrible aftertaste.

 
I wouldn't know this--although I might have guessed it--except we met an incredibly amicable dromedary at the Creation Museum today. The curly-bearded beasty came right over to our group and let us pet it like a horse. Mom insisted I kiss it (a few trips ago I started a collection of such photo opps, including kissing a 10-foot boa, a baby alligator and a small sea turtle. As to why, I haven't the slightest.) but kept missing it on camera. Hence: aftertaste. Nevertheless, meeting a camel up-close--and having it knock my hat off--was definitely a highlight of my trip.

But to start at the beginning...





As we crossed the Ohio river into Kentucky, the brown water, the tall, vine-covered trees and the misty, forested hills gave me a definite "jungle" impression. Or maybe I just spent too long at the Rainforest Café a couple days ago.

Airborne: my brother`s favourite part of the day was the 3 hour zipline tour
 After we arrived at the museum, to our utter amazement we discovered friends of ours, also vacationing in the US, had picked the very same destination and visiting dates!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment