Translate

Sunday 22 September 2013

Getting Here, Part 2


Brussels-Entebbe:


4:27 AM We’re flying over the ALPS! Right now, this honestly feels like one of the neatest things I’ve ever experienced. –Probably because it never occurred to me that we would need to cross them in order to reach Uganda, so doing so turned out to be an  surprise. =)

 


5:03 AM: We’re now over the Italian Peninsula, nearing Rome. Supper just came (including cheese and chocolate mousse), following those really cute pretzels we got a little while back. This is the first time I’ve ever eaten a pretzel that speaks a different language!
 
 

 
7:32 AM We’re flying over the deserts of Northern Africa and I’ve officially lost all concept of “time.” It doesn’t feel like 4:33 PM (that’s Uganda time) but it certainly doesn’t feel like 7:32 either. It’s ridiculously weird to believe that it’s been more than 25 hours since I last got out of bed, and that my family has gone through an entire day and night since I last saw them!

Unidentifiable Point in Time Several Hours Later

After stopping in Rwanda for an hour to reload the plane, we finally flew into Entebbe, Uganda. As we were landing, I saw what I thought was a cloud out the window. Then I realized something: "that's no cloud--that's a hill! And these are trees! And this is Africa!"


No comments:

Post a Comment